Data for Good Webinar #1 | Setting up successful public-private partnerships for improved population & mobility statistics | Lessons learnt from the Data for Good partnership in Ghana
Recording now available
On 10 May 2023, the Data for Good Partners (Ghana Statistical Service, Vodafone Ghana, and Flowminder) came together to share their experiences and lessons learnt in setting up the Data for Good Partnership in Ghana. Hear them discuss the success stories, benefits and challenges when considering setting up a mobile data initiative.
In this first webinar, we discussed :
- The need to modernise national data ecosystems in Africa
- The opportunities and challenges faced by NSOs across Africa
- The importance & value of population mobility data for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- How to use mobile operator data for mobility estimates
- Considerations, framework components and regulations for setting up mobile data initiatives
- Introduction to the data pipeline
- Capacity strengthening & sustainability.
A second webinar will be organised shortly, to discuss applications, impact and sustainability more specifically.
If you have any questions about the Data for Good Partnership, or want to discuss collaborations, contact us now:
Back to News