Customer and market discovery
- Engage with the main stakeholder groups for the FlowKit and OPAL platforms to understand stakeholder requirements. The stakeholders include:
- MNOs and mobile data providers;
- End-users, including:
- internal and external users directly working with the platform;
- external users who interface via an API / UI;
- external users of data products who have limited interaction with the platform.
- Research new stakeholders, understand the demand for the products and identify potential consumers
- Stay up-to-date with industry competitors and competition product developments
- Work closely with Flowminder’s engineering team to understand the constraints on what is possible.
- Gather customer feedback to determine ways that we could improve the product
Product strategy & development
- Set the long term vision and business strategy for Flowminder’s products
- Communicate this strategy to all of the relevant participants and stakeholders.
- Develop and own the product specifications and drive the development process
- Partner with the Engineering team to manage product development
- Work with the Project Manager to develop a budget for product development and marketing efforts
Business development and marketing
- Oversee the development of marketing campaigns and advertising strategies (working with the Communications Manager)
- Develop the business model(s) for the Product
- Prepare regular reports about product revenue predictions and results
- Discuss the Product with members of the press
- Promote the Products at conferences and events
- Meet with third parties to create strategic partnerships and pursue new business opportunities
- Demonstrate the products to customers
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of project management within the development and humanitarian sector (essential);
- Experience of project management, preferably within the mobile phone industry (desirable)
- Experience working with national and international project stakeholders including government actors, donors, non government organizations (NGOs) and universities (essential);
- Experience of highly technical or scientific projects and the ability to communicate technical/scientific content effectively (essential).
- Experience of working with a Mobile Network Operator (desirable);
- Experience from the Data for Development sector (D4D) (desirable);
- Experience in working with/for large companies in Low- and Middle-Income Countries (LMICs) (desirable);
- Experience in working with regulatory authorities in LMICs (desirable);
- Knowledge and understanding of local and regional context (essential);
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational verbal and written communication skills and appropriate and transparent decision-making skills (essential);
- Advanced skills in logistics support and event planning (essential);
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint; Google Drive (essential);
- Familiarity with the Telecommunication sector (essential);
- Familiarity with CDR data (desirable);
- Familiarity with geospatial data (desirable).
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French (essential).
Whilst the project is taking place in Haiti, Flowminder’s team is based in Southampton (United Kingdom), Geneva (Switzerland) and Stockholm (Sweden).
Closing date: 30 July 2021.
Applicants should email email@example.com with the following (preferably in pdf format):
- A brief expression of interest outlining why you are interested in being part of the work
- Your day rate / estimated quote for the work
- CV(s) (2 pages) with details of relevant experience
- Confirmation that you are based in Haiti and have the right to work there.
Please note that due to the very high volume of applications we receive, we greatly regret that we are unable to send personalised acknowledgements or give feedback on applications. If you do not hear from us by 15th August 2021 you should assume that you have not been shortlisted. Only applications following the requested application format will be considered.