Flowminder is seeking a project assistant that will work closely with the Implementation Coordinator in Nigeria on a project focused on capacity strengthening in Call Detail Records (CDR) data analytics in Nigeria.
The capacity strengthening in Call Detail Records (CDR) data project in Nigeria aims to build in-country capacity in harnessing the mobile phone data for insight to support decision making pillars and priorities of the government. The Nigerian government recently launched its first Mobile Phone Data Policy which outlines the goal of effectively utilising mobile phone data in the country’s development. This creates a more enabling environment than was hitherto experienced in Nigeria, regarding mobile phone data, as well as an opportunity to engage with relevant government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to support the government’s ambitions and provide guidance, advice and support on how to ensure that access, analysis and utilisation of CDRs is done in an effective, ethical and privacy-protecting manner.
Description of services required
1. Meeting and Engagements
- Schedule and attend meetings with Implementation Coordinator
- Taking minutes and documenting action points in meetings and engagements
- Track activities and action points based on agreed priorities
- Develop draft presentation slides for engagement and other relevant documents
- Assist in the implementation of the project and maintaining relationships with the government MDAs.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of all information (both internal and external) relevant to the project
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Assist with updating Asana with project activities and milestones
- Assist in identifying key stakeholders for the use/application of Call Detail Records data
3. Other responsibilities
- Support planning and organisation of workshops, training, and conferences
- Provide logistical support for Flowminder staff visiting Nigeria including drafting visa letters and submitting them to the relevant authorities in Nigeria; following up to secure approvals as necessary
- Attende one-to-one and team meetings as required
- Complete relevant paperwork and tasks related to performance management within Flowminder
- Carry out reasonable project tasks assigned by the Implementation Coordinator.
- Liaise with suppliers for event management
- Some financial responsibilities E.g collecting receipts, reconciling financial data, paying per diems, processing invoices or others.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in management, social science, data science or other relevant fields.
- At least a two year experience of professional work experience in the field of project coordination, management or assistance.
- Experience engaging with Nigeria Government MDAs at state and Federal is highly desirable; as well as knowledge of government processes.
- Analytical skills and conceptual thinking;
- Ability to actively listen and facilitate solutions to complex challenges;
- Track record to work effectively in a team environment;
- Proven ability to work effectively with different stakeholders, including international organisations and governments;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Demonstrated experience with information management;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside of the organisation.
- Knowledge in office software packages (MS Word, Excel).
- Fluency in English and a national language
Location: Abuja (flexible with ability to travel within Nigeria)
Start Date: Jan 2021
Contract length: 3 months in the first instance, with potential to renew based on funds and performance
Applicants should email email@example.com with the following (preferably in pdf format):
- A cover letter/expression of interest
- CV(s) (2 pages) with details of relevant experience
- A quote for your daily rate in US dollars
For informal questions regarding the assignment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the very high volume of applications we receive, we greatly regret that we are unable to send personalised acknowledgements or give feedback on applications.