Expected outputs and deliverables
- Demonstrate the value of the work done to date and the usefulness of the anonymised data that partners are working with, both in terms of producing official statistics and enabling operational decision-making.
- To develop, test and learn about relevant ways in which to make the data useful to end-users particularly MDAs.
- To provide recommendations that are concrete, practical, feasible and targeted recommendations directed to the intended users of the evaluation about what actions to take and decisions to make. The recommendations should be specifically supported by the evidence and linked to the findings and conclusions around key questions addressed by the evaluation.
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation framework to track in a systematic way of capturing evaluation information post-use case development and implementation.
- Develop a comprehensive process map for setting up of data pipeline with API access for GSS.
- Develop draft terms of reference for conducting the final evaluation at the end of phase 2.
- Document and share lessons learned with stakeholders. The report should also include lessons that can be taken from the evaluation, including best practices in addressing issues relating to relevance, performance and success that can provide knowledge gained.
Date and details as to how the work must be delivered
Desk review of relevant project documents: project document, progress and monitoring reports and any relevant annexes.
To draft an inception report with a clear understanding of project objectives and deliverables. The inception report should provide more details on the methodologies to be used, as well as include an evaluation matrix, initial drafts of interview guides, and agenda for interviews.
To complete stakeholders meetings, interviews, field visits.
Report on baseline studies and draft evaluation framework
Workshop to present a draft report of findings and ToR for phase 2, incorporation of comments on the draft report into the audit trail.
Review and finalization of the report
It is anticipated that the Assignment will be completed within a total of sixteen (16) weeks from the date of the signing of the contract between Flowminder and the consultant.
Qualifications / expertise sought
The consultant should have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Minimum of a Masters Degree in a relevant field such as development studies, economics, monitoring and evaluation of development programs or business management
- Minimum of 5 years experience in designing MEL plans and measuring results against work plans for international donor-funded projects leveraging technology to reach development or humanitarian goals in low- or middle-income countries
- Experience in developing program-monitoring indicators (especially for technology and international donor-funded projects) as well as in monitoring and evaluation methods.
- Design and delivery of robust, relevant and timely evaluation strategies and reviews of development interventions using qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Expertise and experience of designing and applying robust and appropriate performance monitoring and results frameworks (including expertise and experience in indicator development, testing and data collection / analysis).
- Monitoring and evaluation of large, complex, long term programmes
- Generating data to demonstrate programme effects for different segments of the population
- Using reviews and evaluation as a tool for lesson learning for big data.
- Demonstrable experience of working with or evaluating projects with Mobile Network Operators
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Must reside in and have the right to work in Ghana
The consultant will be paid for the amount agreed with payments made directly to the consultant as follows:
- 10% on completion and submission of the work plan, detailing how the Assignment will be accomplished with realistic timelines.
- 40% on completion of baseline plan with survey and relevant data collection tools.
- 50% on completion and acceptance of the comprehensive report. Deliverables will be reviewed and certified as satisfactory by the Flowminder M&E Lead. They must be submitted in both electronic versions in relevant Microsoft Office format and hard/printed copy.
The principal responsibility for managing the M&E activities resides with the Flowminder. The consultant will be linked to GSS’s existing M&E expert whose expertise will also be contributed to the evaluation work. Flowminder will manage contracting and payment of consultant fees.
The Ghana Statistical Office project team will provide other important services like linking and introducing the consultant to all relevant documents, set up stakeholder interviews, and arrange field visits where necessary
Interested parties should send their CV as well as financial proposals for the position to email@example.com
- A brief expression of interest outlining why you are interested in being part of the work.
- A CV (s) (3pages) with relevant experience.
- A financial proposal/bid/day rate outlining your consultancy fee (travel and DSA included)
Please note that due to the very high volume of applications we receive, we greatly regret that we are unable to send personalised acknowledgements or give feedback on applications. If you do not hear from us 4 weeks after the closing date, you should assume that you have not been shortlisted. Only applications following the requested application format will be considered.
For information about how your personal data is processed, see our Privacy Notice.