Period of Performance
October 2021 to December 2022 at 50%
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline (evaluation science, social sciences, engineering, or other related degree) (essential).
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrable experience in evaluating projects leveraging technology to reach development or humanitarian goals in low or middle income countries (essential);
- Demonstrable experience in evaluating public-private partnerships aimed at development or humanitarian goals in low or middle income countries (essential);
- Demonstrable experience in using semi-structured interviews for evaluation purposes with decision makers from the private and public sectors for projects in low and middle countries (essential);
- Track record of working effectively in an international and interdisciplinary team environment, across multiple organisations from the private and public sectors (essential);
- Demonstrable experience in leading or evaluating development or humanitarian projects in low or middle income countries (desirable);
- Demonstrable experience in a technology start-up (desirable);
- Demonstrable experience of working with or evaluating projects with Mobile Network Operators (desirable).
- Knowledge of international standards and guidelines for design of M&E data collection instruments and procedures, to ensure accurate data collection and verification (essential);
- Knowledge of international research and data ethics standards and guidelines (desirable);
- Advanced analytical skills (desirable);
- Excellent organisational, verbal and written communication skills to manage project communications, disseminate project information, and strategic decision-making in programme implementation (essential);
- Ability to actively listen and facilitate solutions to complex challenges (essential);
- Excellent skills in the Google Workspace (essential).
- Excellent skills in project management software Asana
- Fluency in written and spoken English (essential)
- Fluency in written and spoken French (essential). If you are not fluent in French you can work with an interpreter at your own expense.
Closing date: 27th August 2021.
Applicants should email careers+ME0721@flowminder.org with the following (preferably in pdf format):
- A brief expression of interest outlining why you are interested in being part of the work
- Your day rate / estimated quote for the work
- CV(s) (2 pages) with details of relevant experience
Please note that due to the very high volume of applications we receive, we greatly regret that we are unable to send personalised acknowledgements or give feedback on applications. If you do not hear from us by 5th September 2021 you should assume that you have not been shortlisted. Only applications following the requested application format will be considered.