Flowminder is seeking an Implementation Coordinator consultant who will meet regularly with relevant officials and stakeholders to provide information on GRID3 and Mapping for Health, collect information and report back on other related initiatives and provide logistics and M&E support. The Implementation Coordinator will be a member of in-country committees, will support Flowminder Project Managers in the delivery of their respective project on the ground and will liaise with Mobile Network Operators collaborating with Flowminder. The Implementation Coordinator will also be responsible for identifying future collaboration opportunities with governmental and non-governmental agencies in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
To start with and whilst the project is live, the Implementation coordinator will help implement the Mapping for Health in DRC project. This project aims to strengthen the effectiveness and equity of vaccination interventions in the DRC through the provision of technical assistance for the development of micro-plans, and harmonised and integrated spatial demographic and health data. Mapping for Health in DRC is led by the Ministry of Health (MoH) in the DRC, supported by Flowminder and the Center for International Earth Science Information Network at Columbia University (CIESIN), and in collaboration with the WorldPop research group at the University of Southampton (UoS) and their partners. Mapping for Health in DRC is a continuation of previous work conducted and/or supported in the DRC by the Geo-Referenced Infrastructure and Demographic Data for Development (GRID3) programme. Mapping for Health in DRC aims at leveraging anonymous mobility indicators from Mobile Network Operators in order to support vaccination campaigns of highly mobile populations.
Description of Services Required
- Engagement and collaboration with partner organisations, with a strong focus on Mobile Network Operators (MNOs)
- Support Flowminder in the legal, management and technical processes at MNOs by being the primary point of contacts of Flowminder at MNOs
- Support MNOs staff as appropriate in the management of the collaboration with Flowminder
- Contribute to setting-up new processes to optimise the effectiveness of the collaboration between Flowminder and the MNOs
- Support with projects M&E
- Communications and outreach with key stakeholders such as (but not limited to) government and UN organisations.
- Identify and help promote use cases for Flowminder
- Coordinate and attend stakeholder meetings in the DRC
- Representation of Flowminder with Ministries and other NGOs
- Regular reporting on activities lead in country
- Logistics support for capacity strengthening events
- Information gathering and reporting of ongoing health and big data for good related activities and projects in the DRC: requires networking with organisations engaging in similar work and knowledge of
- Liaise with other Flowminder and CIESIN staff in the DRC
6 months (with possibility of extension) between March and August 2021.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree in development, public health or other related field (essential).
- A minimum of 5 years experience on international development projects (essential).
- Experience working in a large company (essential)
- Experience with stakeholder engagement (essential).
- Experience with project management (essential).
- Experience working with national and international project stakeholders including government actors, donors, non government organizations (NGOs) and universities (essential).
- Experience in working with a Mobile Network Operator (desirable).
- Ability to communicate with a variety of individuals through stakeholder engagement and collaboration with partner organisations (essential).
- Knowledge and understanding of local and regional contexts (essential).
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational verbal and written communication skills and appropriate and transparent decision-making skills (essential).
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative (essential).
- Advanced conflict management and resolution skills (essential).
- Advanced skills in logistics support and event planning (essential).
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint; Google Drive; Web conferencing services (essential).
- Familiarity with the Telecommunication sector (essential).
- Familiarity with geospatial data (desirable).
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French (essential).
Whilst the project is taking place in DRC, Flowminder’s team is based in Southampton (United Kingdom),Geneva (Switzerland) and Stockholm (Sweden). The work is being done in collaboration with partners in the U.S and DRC.
The Implementation Coordinator will be based in Kinshasa and will be required to travel to other provinces as necessary.
Reasonable travel costs will be reimbursed in line with Flowminder Travel Expenses Policy.
Closing date: 01st March 2021.
Applicants should email careers+DRCIC0221@flowminder.org with the following (preferably in pdf format):
- A brief expression of interest outlining why you are interested in being part of the work
- Your monthly rate for the work
- CV(s) (2 pages) with details of relevant experience
For informal questions regarding the assignment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to the very high volume of applications we receive, we greatly regret that we are unable to send personalised acknowledgements or give feedback on applications.