We are a small organisation and look for people that are willing to be flexible and adapt to the workload and be prepared to take on and vary their tasks at short notice to accommodate the needs of the business.
- CIPD Level 3 or equivalent
- A flexible and hard-working attitude, with a positive mind-set
- Experience with Google Workspace (formerly G-Suite)
- Experience using an HR self-service information system (We use BreatheHR)
- A good communicator
- Ability to work accurately, write letters and proof documents
Flowminder is a non-profit foundation that specialises in the analysis of anonymised mobile phone data, satellite imagery, and household survey data for humanitarian and international development purposes.
Our mission is to enable decision-makers to access the data they need to transform the lives of vulnerable people, at scale. We are striving to create a world in which decisions that can improve the lives of vulnerable people are based on the most appropriate evidence. We partner with decision-makers and key stakeholders in national and international data systems to produce high-quality data, strengthen capacity, develop new methods and tools, and leverage novel data sources to improve the lives of vulnerable populations.
Flowminder researchers pioneered the use of mobile operator data for humanitarian purposes and were the first to use mobile operator data to monitor population movements following a large-scale disaster and a major infectious disease outbreak (the Haiti earthquake and cholera outbreak, 2010). Also, Flowminder was the first to show that mobile operator data can predict the spatial spread of an infectious disease.
- A competitive salary up to £27924 depending on experience
- 37.5 hours per week with flexible working
- 25 days holiday + national holidays
- 20 days full sickness pay per rolling 12 months in the event of sickness
- Basic pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Gain international HR experience and knowledge