Flowminder is a non-profit foundation that specialises in the analysis of anonymised mobile phone data, satellite imagery, and household survey data for humanitarian and international development purposes.
Our mission is to enable decision makers to access the data they need to transform the lives of vulnerable people, at scale. We are striving to create a world in which decisions that can improve the lives of vulnerable people are based on the most appropriate evidence.
Flowminder are currently experiencing a steady growth within the organisation, as a result we are now looking for a well-organised and adaptable Finance Business Partner to strengthen our financial management capacity.
You will assist in all matters related to financial management, including planning, forecasting, budget monitoring and reporting.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing project budgets to support proposals and contracting on new projects
- Carrying out internal financial reporting and re-budgeting of live projects
- Performing external project reporting
- Calculating and posting the monthly staff and overhead cost re-allocation
- Supporting the Head of Finance in annual external audit activities pertaining to project accounts
- Ensuring the continued implementation and improvement of financial policies and procedures
- Updating records and databases
To join us as our Finance Business Partner, you will need:
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in finance, (incl. financial analysis), accounting and budgeting
- Demonstrated success in project financial management and reporting, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated success in implementing finance and administration policies and processes
- A genuine interest in, and willingness to further understand, the mission and operations of the organisation
- Experience in professional services is highly advantageous
- Tenacity, rigorous attention to detail, outstanding organisational skills and the demonstrable ability to prioritise
- To enjoy collaborative work as part of an effective team
- To be a part or newly qualified CIMA / ACCA with a demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
- Strong IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or GSuite applications, especially Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience working with ERP systems, Xledger an advantage
- International experience, especially within an NGO
- Salary of up to £51,441 per annum
- Support work that will help the world’s most vulnerable people
- Enhance your existing experience with a leading not-for-profit
- Collaborate with a talented, passionate team
- 25 days’ holiday
- 20 fully paid sick days per rolling 12 months
- 37.5 hour working week
- Flexible working hours
Other organisations may call this role Finance BP, Accounting Business Partner, Finance Manager, Financial Manager, Accountant, Part-Qualified Accountant, or Qualified Accountant.
Advertised until filled.
Applicants should email careers+FBP0221@flowminder.org with the following (preferably in pdf format):
- A brief expression of interest outlining why you are interested in being part of the work
- CV(s) (2 pages) with details of relevant experience
Please note that due to the very high volume of applications we receive, we greatly regret that we are unable to send personalised acknowledgements or give feedback on applications.