General attributes of all applicants
We seek the following attributes in all candidates:
- Commitment to the objectives of the Foundation
- Willingness to act as an ambassador for Flowminder
- Willingness to fulfil the duties and standards of conduct required of a board member of a not-for-profit organisation with a focus on improving population wellbeing
- Understanding of equality and diversity issues
- Integrity and being able to share one's view, even when it is not shared by others on the board
- Ability to operate well as part of a team, nurturing the development and accomplishment of the board
Experience, knowledge and skills of value
You may have senior experience and highly valued skills while not fitting neatly into any of the four groups listed above. Below are other types of characteristics which may be very valuable to Flowminder’s board, especially if you have several.
- Developing and implementing business models in organisations comparable to Flowminder
- Senior experience in fundraising and investment relations
- Worked on commercialisation, marketing, or impact generation of data
- Board experience, ideally at a charity or company of a similar size and sector to Flowminder.
Expertise & knowledge:
- Expertise in supporting decision-making before/during/after and in preparation for sudden onset disasters or in the development of decision support products for governments.
- Expertise in large-scale data analysis in the development sector
- Expertise in data science in geographic or mobile data
- Strong knowledge of data governance, privacy, data security and other ethical issues related to data
- Financial management
- Ability to understand and interrogate financial reports
- Strategic planning skills
- Risk management skills
- Analytical skills
- Management/project management
Compensation at a rate of USD 1,000 per full day work will be provided for board meetings and for reading the material distributed before each meeting. Board meetings with preparation will typically consume half to a full day of work, depending on the subject matter involved. Other work for the organisation by board members is generally not compensated for.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly contact Linus Bengtsson, Chair of the Board at email@example.com.
Does this opportunity excite you but you are not 100% sure if you meet the role requirements? We are aware that some candidates might not apply to a job unless they tick all boxes. If you feel this way, we are still keen to hear from you and explore if you can be a good fit.
For information about how your personal data is processed, see our Privacy Notice.